Canada Embassy


Level 6-8  Tower 2 RCBC Plaza 6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1200

Postal Address:
P. O. Box 2168 Makati Central Post Office 1261 Makati City

Tel no.:
857-90-02 (Immigration and Visa)
857-90-00 ext. 361 (Trade Commissioner Service)

Fax no.:
843-1075 (Assistants to the Ambassador)
843-1082 (Management & Consular)
843-1094/843-1096 (Immigration/Visa)
843-1080 (Trade Commissioner Service)
843-1083 (Development (CIDA)
843-1078 (Political/Economic)


Office days:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M. to 1:30 P.M

Visa Section:
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.

Consular Section:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.

Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary:
His Excellency Neil Reeder


Visiting Canada -If you plan to visit Canada, you must:

Who can Apply

  • Have a valid travel document, such as a passport
  • Be in good health
  • Satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
  • Satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit and
  • Have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances  of the visit, how long yu will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region. You may also need
  •         A  temporary Resident Visa, depending on you citizenship
  •         A medical examination
  •         A letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada

How to apply for your Temporary Resident Visa

  1. Obtain a Temporary Resident Visa Application Kit
  • You can download the application kit from Find an application form or guide in the I Need To…section on the right-hand side of this page
  • Outside Canada, contact the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate responsible for your area to have the application mailed to you
  1. Read the guide
  • Read the guide carefully before you complete the application form. The fee for processing your form is not refundable, so make sure you are eligible to get a Temporary Resident Visa before you apply
  1. Complete the application form and attaché the necessary documents
  • The application form contains instructions. Read the instructions and be sure to provide the required documents. If you do not provide all the requested information or documents, your application may be delayed
  • You can use the same application form for your spouse or common-law partner, and for dependent children under 18 if they will be travelling with you

*All required documents must be include with your application

  • You must have a valid travel document (such as a passport) for each family member on the application
  • Two recent passport photos of each family member are required. Make sure these photos meet the requirements. For more information on specifications for photographs, see the Related Links section at the bottom of this page
  • Enclose the application fee and the IMM 5401 receipt of payment. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted
  • You must provide proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary. Depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region
  • You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary. Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information
  1. Pay the fee and get the necessary receipt
  • The fee per person is $75 for a single entry visa, $150 for a multiple entry visa or $400 for a family (multiple or single entry
  • Check the website of the office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information on fees, including how to pay them
  1. Mail the application form and necessary documents
  • When you have completed the application form, make sure you sign and date it, and that all required documents and fees are included in the envelope. In the most countries, application fees must be paid in Canadian dollars. You must send your application to the Canadian visa office in the country or region where you live. Check the guide in your application kit for instructions

Processing time: How long it takes to process your application varies depending on the visa office where you applied. You can find out more about application processing times in the I Need To…section on the right-hand side of this page

An Interview with a visa officer

  • You may need to go for an interview with a visa officer. See more information about an interview in After Applying on the right-hand side of this page

A medical examination

  • You might need a medical examination to be allowed to enter Canada. If you do,  a Canadian immigration office will tell you and will send you instructions about what to do. A medical examination can add more than three months to the processing time of your application. You can find more information on medical examination in the I Need To…section on the right-hand side of this page

Using a representative

  • You do not need a representative to help you apply to visit or immigrate to Canada. Whether you use a representative is a personal choice. Visit our website to find out more about using a representative

Visiting Canada: Letter of invitation for countries whose citizens require a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada

  • This is not a legal document. For legal information, consult the Immigration and refugee Protection Act and its Regulation
  • Sometimes a person applying for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada is asked to provide a letter of invitation from someone in Canada. The following information will help you prepare such a letter to send to a relative or friend abroad
  • A letter of invitation does not guarantee that a visa will be issued. Visa officers assess the applicant to determine whether  they meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act


  • The following information is only a guide. You must write the letter of invitation yourself. Some visa offices may require that your letter be notarized by a Notary Public. Check with the visa office that is processing the application to find out if you need to do this
  • By writing a letter of invitation, you are not legally responsible for the visitor once they get to Canada, but you should provide the letter in good faith. You must give truthful information and intend to keep the promises you made in the letter
  • Send your letter (notarized if necessary)to the person you are inviting to Canada. They must then submit this letter to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate outside of Canada when they apply for their Temporary Resident Visa

Your letter must include the following information about the person being invited

  • Complete name
  • Date of birth
  • The person’s address and telephone number
  • Your relationship to the person being invited
  • The purpose of the trip
  • How long the person you are inviting intends to stay in Canada
  • Details on accommodation and living expenses
  • The date the person you are inviting intends to leave Canada

Your letter must also include the following information about yourself

  • Complete name
  • Date of birth
  • Address and telephone number in Canada
  • Occupation
  • Whether you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
  • A photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada. For instance, a Canadian birth certificate if yu were born in Canada or a Canadian citizenship card if you are a naturalized citizen. If you are Permanent Resident, you must send proof of your permanent resident status (a copy of your PR card or you IMM 1000 proof of landing)


Attention all Visa (temporary or permanent residence) and Work Permit Applicants: The Embassy of Canada in Manila is aware that Visa and Work Permit applicants may be tricked into buying false documents. In several cases, the victims are offered jobs in Canada. In other cases,  they are promised a visa (sometimes including travel and accommodation)  in exchange for money. Please be sure you understand the following information BEFORE you take any action that could make you the victim of fraud

  • The official website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is at:
  • CIC visa offices do NOT use commercial email addresses
  • All forms and guides required to submit an application for any type of visa (immigrant/visitor/student/worker LCP, etc…) are available at NO cost on the website of the Canadian Embassy in Manila (
  • Only authorized officers of citizenship and Immigration Canada can make the decision whether or not to issue a visa
  • Canadian visa offices do NOT ask people to make a deposit to personal bank accounts in exchange for visa services
  • The processing fees charged by all Canadian visa offices arefixed by Regulations and are the same (in Canadian dollars) around the world. Go to this website for a complete schedule of fees in Canadian dollars:
  • For fees in Philippine peso (PHP), please go to Beware of representatives who claim that you will get a visa, obtain citizenship or benefit from special treatment from the Canadian government by using their services